Before starting the process you have to check system requirement. if it is ok, save or place your files and personal data somewhere. There’s an option to keep your files and personal data, Backup your data files to an external hard drive or cloud storage (or both) is the best option. Consider doing a full system backup to an external hard drive using the Windows 7 backup program, which is also available in Windows 8.x and Windows 10.
Processor: 1Gigahertz or faster
Ram: 1 GB for 32 bit and 2 GB for 64 bit OS
Hard disk: 16 GB for 32 bit and 20 GB for 64 bit OS
Graphics card: DirectX 9 or latter with WDDM1.0driver
To upgrade to windows 10 for free you must have an activated windows 7 or windows 8.x
Here is the step by step process
1. Search for windows 10 download site or click here
2. In the Create Windows 10 installation media section, click on “Download tool now,”
3. when prompted select run the app and accept license agreement
4. Then choose “Upgrade this PC now.” And click next
5. downloading windows 10 will start, wait until it finishes downloading and creating windows 10 media, then windows will check for update.
6. click on accept (license agreement)
7. In a few minutes, you will get the “Ready to install” screen. At this screen, make sure that Keep personal files and apps options are selected. If not, click the Change what to keep link, and then select Keep personal files and apps option install without losing your data and installed apps.
8. Click next
Once you click on the Install button, Windows 10 will begin to be installed. This process can take quite a while, and the computer will restart numerous times.
Once the upgrade is complete, you should receive a digital license for Windows 10, which can be found under Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
If there is a problem and not activated, connect to the internet and open Settings > Windows Update > Activation, and the PC will be activated with a digital license. You can also enter your Windows 7 or Windows 8.x product key and activate Windows 10 if the device is not already activated.